After checking things out yesterday I decided to put together a little survival guide for ACL. These are some tips & things to remember that will hopefully make your experience a little more enjoyable!
What To Bring:
- Bug Spray
- Hand Sanitizer
- Glow Jewelry – First off, its always fun. Second, after the sun goes down it is really hard to find your group should you get separated, last night we found that our glow jewelry really helped the missing members of our party find us post sundown.
- Toilet Paper or Tissues – by Sunday the bathrooms will start to run out & you will be thankful that you have your own.
- Paper Schedule – yes the ACL app is awesome, but phones die, service is sketchy, their is value in your paper schedule, trust me.
- Most likely your phone isn’t going to work or you are going to get really spotty service at the festival. I turn my phone on airplane mode so that it doesn’t drain battery “searching for service.”
- However much water you think you can drink, drink more. They have stations set up where you can refill your reusable water bottles. Between being in the sun, walking, and drinking your body will need and want all the water you will give it. Every opportunity you have to get water, take it.