2. Thanks to Kerbey Lane you can eat queso 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
photo credit: Kerbey Lane Facebook Page
3. Give or take 100 steps to one of the best views in the state.
9. A slice of paradise circles the city known as The Greenbelt.
photo credit: activeatx.com
14. Formula One couldn’t get to Austin fast enough.
15. Barton Springs.
16. The birthplace of Torchy’s Tacos.
17. ACL, SXSW, Austin Reggae Festival, Lone Star Jam, Blues On The Green, Pecan Street Festival….need I Go On?
18. The often over 2 hour line at Franklin BBQ is well worth the wait. photocredit: andrewzimmern.com
19. Alamo Drafthouse took movie watching to a new level.
20. Austinites come together to share their holiday spirit as they decorate the 360 Cedar Trees each year.
21. Death by sandwich. Hey, You Gonna Eat or What’s Monte Cristo.
22. Everything in Texas is bigger, including our Capitol.
23. Only in Austin do we celebrate Chicken Sh*t at Chicken Sh*t BINGO.
24. Travel back in time & catch a movie at the world’s first & only Mini Urban Drive-In Movie.
25. Austin. Texas. Sunsets.
26. Spinning under the Zilker Tree.
27. You are never too old to play Peter Pan Mini Golf.
28. Golden Gate has nothing on the Pennybacker Bridge.
29. You might run into Sandra Bullock or Matthew McConaughey at Whole Foods.
30. Austin is such a great place to live our Animal Shelter is no kill. (this cat is actually available for adoption!)
32. Roller Derby is one of the city’s favorite pastimes. photo credit: texasrollergirls.org
33. Top Chef Winner, Paul Qui cooks us dinner daily.
34. Other cities celebrate the birthday of former Presidents, we celebrate a storybook character yearly at Eeyore’s Birthday.
35. Home Slice Pizza hit it out of the park. photo source: Home Slice Pizza facebook page.
36. Austinites know how to do a Sunday Brunch.
37. South Congress is so unique and full of local treasures it almost feels like a city of its own.
38. It doesn’t have to be Halloween for us to appreciate bats.
39. You can eat trailer food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
40. We don’t need clubs to play golf.
41. Blue Bell? Nah, we’ve got Amy’s.
42. The creme de la creme of local bars, Rainey Street.
43. Namaste Yall.
44. Texas may have invented Tex Mex but Trudy’s mastered it.
45. Austinites like to shop and eat local at our local farmers markets.
46. Even our bling is local.
47. Austinites are weird and we are keeping it weird.
48. Trails, trails, trails and more trails.
49. Austin Bike Zoo.
50. Much in the same way Texans have pride in their state, Austinites take pride in their city. You see it everywhere you go, walking down the street, in local shops and conversations. Austinites are proud, loud, and happy to call this great city home.