If you have not been out to Circuit of The Americas you are missing out on fun at one of the best venues in town. A trip out to the racetrack is something that needs to be added to everyone’s 2013 calendar as we are lucky enough to have it right in our own backyard.
Here is a glance and quick guide to some of the biggest events in racing coming this year.
What: MotoGP™ World Championships
When: April 19th – April 21st
MotoGP™ is the premier motorcycle racing event in the world.
- It is an 18-race series, covering 13 countries, 4 continents.
- These motorcycles produce 200HP and can go 0-60 in three seconds and reach speeds of over 200 mph.
- It is something to see as these riders are in a class of their own achieving lean angles as low as 45 degrees.
What: V8 Supercars Championship
When: May 17th – May 19th
This race features The Car of the Future!
- This will be the first V8 Supercars Championship on American soil
- This sport evolved from a tradition of Australian touring car racing
- Cars reach speeds of 185 mph
- American Idol’s Elise Testone will be performing in the Circuit of The Americas Experiences’ in-track party venue next to the Main Grandstand.
What: Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™
When: November 15th- November 17th
- This is the world’s most prestigious motor racing series and the world’s most popular annual sporting event.
- This race is the place to see and be seen. Big names from all over the World came out last year.
- Formula 1® the fastest, most exhilarating and sophisticated sport in the world.
- The cars racing present the very summit of automotive technology, racing at top speed of over 200 miles per hour.
- The sport also provides a valuable research and development laboratory for the leading motor manufacturers.
- It takes an average of 10 years for the technology used in Formula 1® cars to make it to our everyday vehicle.
I have already been out to the track several times. The world of racing sports is so fan friendly. These events offer Pit Walks, interactive experiences, opportunities to mingle with the drivers, roam the track and even a chance to go up to the top of the tower. Each day throughout the weekend is so different and such a unique experience. Heading out there is one of the things you must do in Austin. Keep in mind people travel from all over the world to come to the track and it calls Austin home, this is not something to take for granted.
Each of these races offer a variety of seating options from the Main Grandstands to the most exciting turns throughout the track. So there are options for all price points and all seats give a different perspective and experience!
For more information or to purchase tickets visit, COTAExperiences.com.
Photo Copyright: Circuit of The Americas™ and QuintEvents™