Today is the 100th Day of the Year so naturally that called for some fun. Here are 100 reasons why we call ourselves Austinites.
1. You’ve ordered from the “secret menu” at Torchy’s.
2. High-Fiving Juan at Juan in a Million is part of your weekend routine.
Photo Credit: TheTastingBuds.com
3. You ate at East Side Kings before Paul Qui achieved Top Chef greatness.
4. You will be able to say you attended ACL when it was only one weekend.
5. Burnt Orange is part of your Longhorn Football game day wardrobe even though you didn’t go to Texas.
6. Your heart broke when you heard Fran’s closed its doors.
Photo Credit: Storify.com
7. Breeder pet? No way, you adopted.
8. There was a day when Broken Spoke was surrounded by local business and not apartments, you remember it.
Photo Source: virturaltourist.com
9. You call the part of Guadalupe west of campus “The Drag.”
Photo Source: shopacrosstexas.com
10. Alamo Drafthouse is the only place you will even consider going to a movie.
11. You proudly own a “Welcome To Austin, Please Don’t Move Here” shirt, even though you probably moved here.
12. Seeing someone sunbathing topless at Barton Springs doesn’t make you look twice.
13. Blue Bell? Nope, it’s Amy’s all the way in Austin.
14. It does not have to be Halloween for you to appreciate bats.
15. You have seen the highs and lows of Lake Travis.
Photo Source: LCRA.org
16. “Mopac”is the same as “Loop 1″ and “360” is the same as “Capital of Texas Highway” are just facts of driving in Austin and you’re used to it.
Photo Source: TexasFreeways.com
17. You’ve Been To An “Austin City Limits” Taping.
18. Spinning under the Zilker Christmas Tree is part of your holiday ritual.
19. The sometimes 2 hour wait at Franklin BBQ is completely worth it and you know it.
20. You wear Yoga pants because you actually go to Yoga.
Photo Credit: Wisegeek.com
21. You eat breakfast tacos from a different place everyday of the week.
22. Looking out your office window in the middle of the afternoon and seeing a lake full of kayakers is just another day.
23. You know “paper or plastic” is no longer a choice at the grocery store.
24. You remember when the Mueller Airport Tower used to actually look over airplanes and not houses.
25. The city celebrating Eeyore’s birthday doesn’t phase you in the least bit.
26. First Thursday means strolling SoCo.
27. You’ve played Chicken Sh*t BINGO.
28. Lady Bird Lake, that’s circa 2007, to some longtime residents it will always be Town Lake.
29. You’ve had “date night” at Whole Foods.
30. Maybe you haven’t tried it but you’ve heard of the Trudy’s Trifecta.
31. You’ve eaten Kerbey Queso at 4 in the morning.
32. News North Korea had “plans” for a missile strike on Austin made you laugh, haters gonna hate.
33. If you’re drinking vodka its either Deep Eddy or Titos.
34. What other people call graffiti, you call street art.
35. The Greenbelt is a summer must (when it has water)!
36. Saturday mornings involve a Farmer’s Market.
37. You complain about the traffic even though you know it’s going to only get worse.
Photo Credit: utexas.edu
38. Hours can pass while sipping on some coffee at Mozart’s and you have no idea where the time went.
39. You were an extra on Friday Night Lights.
40. At least one Halloween costumes has come from Lucy In Disguise.
Photo Credit: flickr.com
41. Oh to think back on the days when parking downtown after 5 and on weekends was free.
Photo Source: regentpg.com
42. You know someone, who knows someone who is friends with Mack Brown.
Photo Source: ncaa.com
43. Fredricksburg is one of your favorite day trips.
Photo Source: uptake.com
44. Esther’s Follies comedy show doesn’t offend you.
45. A pedi-cab has once been used as a form of transportation in your travels.
Photo Source: pedicab.com
46. You know Top Notch’s onion rings are indeed Top Notch.
Photo Source: w5ran.com
47. Somehow throughout your time in Austin you have acquired allergies.
48. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert have all come from a trailer in one day.
49. You’ve cooled off at Hamiliton Pool.
50. You remember where you were on January 4th, 2006.
Photo Credit: bloguin.com
51. Lance Armstrong, well let’s not go there.
Photo Source: wordonfire.org
52. If it’s not a GoodPop, it’s not a popsicle.
53. You’ve decorated a Cedar Tree along 360 during December.
54. The Salt Lick is one of your “go-tos” with out of town visitors.
Photo Source: The Salt Lick Facebook Page
55. KGSR’s Blues on the Green is a summer must.
56. Polvo’s Salsa Bar has set the bar for any salsa bar.
57. You own a pair of Cowboy boots from Allen’s Boots.
Photo Source: Sean Greenberg
58. Moonshine ‘s Gospel Brunch is something you’ve experienced.
Photo Source: spokesbuzz.wordpress.com
59. You’ve seen the sunset from the top of Mount Bonnell.
60. You’ve cheered at a Texas Rollergirls Bout.
Photo Source: texasrollergirls.org
61. The fact that Deep Eddy Pool used to have a massive slide is no surprise to you.
Photo Source: austinpostcard.org
62. You have played frisbee on the Capitol lawn.
63. Disc Golf is a regular pastime.
64. You’ve watched the sun crash into the horizon at The Oasis.
65. You remember when Castle Hill was called “The Foundation.”
66. SnoBeach SnoCones are among your summer snacks.
67. You know The Veloway offers some of the best bicycle and rollerblading pavement in Texas.
Photo Source: activeatx.com
68. You’ve enjoyed a steak dinner at ALC Steaks.
69. The Driskill Grill, you know it’s worth every penny.
70. Home Slice with your homies is the perfect evening.
71. Live music at the airport, you expect nothing less – we are the “Live Music Capital of The World.”
Photo Source: Austintexas.gov
72. Someone you know has had a “start up.”
Photo Source: tech.co
73. During summer you complain that it’s too hot but than winter comes and it’s too “cold.”
74. You know that being from Austin is so different than being from Texas.
75. The “Keep Austin Weird” fun run is the only way you put “fun” and “run” in the same sentence.
76. If it’s not a local beer, you don’t drink it.
77. Another one of your friends is now eating “Gluten Free.”
78. You’ve spent Friday night at Austin’s own Mini-Urban Drive-In Movie Theater.
79. You keep meaning to go on a tour of the Capitol.
80. Buffalo Exchange rejected most of your closet clean out.
81. Hopdoddy’s out the door line does not deter you at all.
82. Peter Pan Mini-Golf never gets old, actually neither does Butler Pitch and Putt.
83. You’ve said, “SX has gotten too big.”
84. You know the difference between a hipster and the homeless.
Photo Source: createawards.com
85. You mourned the passing of Leslie.
86. Leaving home without your reusable bags only sometimes happens.
87. Perrier? No Thanks, you’ll have a Topo.
Photo Source: kathyphantastic.com
88. You listened to The Bobby Bones Show when they were also Austinites.
89. You’ve changed your Facebook profile picture to include the 360 Bridge in the background.
90. There was a day when North Austin was considered the Arboretum, you remember it.
Photo Source: arenet.com
91. You’ve snuck into a concert at Nutty Brown by jumping the fence.
Photo Source: Nutty Brown Cafe Facebook Page
92. You’ve had Chuy’s famous jalapeno ranch dip at their original Barton Springs location.
93. The idea of biking to work has crossed your mind.
94. You’ve pulled over on the side of the highway to take a picture in the bluebonnets.
95. You discovered Ghostland long before they were “discovered.”
Photo Source: inlander.com
96. After the recent drought conditions rain in Austin makes you as happy as a Friday happy hour.
97. You purposely drive down W. 5th to read the daily words of wisdom from El Arroyo.
98. You either participated in, drove by, or made fun of Occupy Austin.
Photo Source: Texas Tribune
99. Despite all the changes you still love this town.
100. The only place you’ll leave Austin, Texas for is Heaven.