For the very first time, Austin is hosting the X Games. The event takes place June 5-8 at the Circuit of the Americas, and it’s going to be bigger than ever. Austin’s X Games will be a lot more than just the competitions—nine separate festival villages will be featured, with bands, games, a skate ramp, kart racing, an ESPN Clubhouse, and lots more.
Austin’s X Games will be huge, so be sure to come prepared to have the most fun possible. Here’s your X Games Preparedness List to make sure you stay happy and comfortable:
- Sensible footwear: You’ll be standing (and possibly dancing, riding go karts, skateboarding, etc.) all weekend, so be nice to your feet and wear something more substantial than flip-flops.
- Camping gear: Camping is allowed at the Austin X Games for a variety of fees that get you access to camping amenities. Find more info on the camping page.
- Sun defense: Yep, Austin’s hot, and the sun can be cruel over the course of a day spent outdoors. Bring plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and remember to reapply.
- Water bottle: You can’t bring outside food or drinks into the festival, but you can bring a water bottle to keep filled at the water refilling stations parked throughout the venue. Again, June in Austin can zap you of hydration, so don’t land yourself in the medical tent with a case of heat exhaustion.
- Camera: Tons of cool stuff will be happening all around you, so keep your phone handy or bring a camera to capture it all.
Where do I find out more?
Check out the full X Games Insider’s Guide from Realty Austin, which includes info about buying tickets, the athletes, and bands slated to appear, and much more.