It’s no secret that we’ve been in love with Favor Delivery since day one. Now 18 months and hundreds (thousands?) of personal deliveries to our offices/homes later, we asked one of the Favor co-founders, Zach Maurais, what people in Austin Favor the most.
We’re guessing that Favor extending their delivery hours until 3am might have skewed these results towards the more munchies-worthy restaurants, but who are we to judge?
We’re proud to report that an overwhelming majority of these restaurants are local, so keep up the good work:
- Homeslice Pizza– Love it or hate it, it’s one of the top-rated pizza joints in Austin. A major drawback for years has been their lack of delivery. Favor changed that and the orders came flying in.
- Torchy’s Tacos– Suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we weren’t surprised to see Austin’s original taco-truck empire show up on the list.
- P Terry’s– Nobody likes a cold hamburger. With 10 locations in Austin, your burger and fries won’t have to travel very far, ensuring hot fries and cold milkshakes.
- Chipotle– Not so local, but we’re guilty of it too. And yes, we know the guacamole is extra.
- Kerbey Lane Café– Kerbey Queso rules. Breakfast delivered on a hung-over Sunday doesn’t sound so bad either.
- Fat Sal’s Deli– The Fat Sal Original is a hero sub packed with roast beef, mozzarella sticks and onion rings, INSIDE the sandwich. Being located on the drag isn’t hurting them.
- Whataburger– The King of Texas fast-food joints. No surprises here.
- East Side King– If you live in Austin and haven’t had ESK, stop reading this and Favor some poor qui buns with an order of chicken karaage.
- Gourdough’s Donuts– Refer back to the previous munchies comment. It doesn’t get much better than this.
- Elizabeth Street Café– The classiest bahn mi in the city.
- JuiceLand– Tastes good, and is good for you too. A win/win.
- Fresa’s– Tacos with organic eggs, and coffee from Stumptown for breakfast. Wood-grilled chicken with a side of Mexican street-corn for lunch or dinner. Trust me on this one.
If this list made your PB&J look less than appetizing, use the code 365THINGS to get your first Favor free.