With so many new food trucks popping up, it’s hard to know which are worthy of your appetite. Our friends at Austin Passbook are food truck experts, and they’ve gone out and tried many of the new trucks (there are so many!) and created a quick list of 5 you must try. If they’ve missed some great ones, let us know your new favorites in the comments below.
1. 40 North – The pizzas here are neapolitan style. With their handmade mozzarella, wood fired brick oven, and the perfect balance of chew, crunch, and airiness to their crust, you’re going to love these pies.
2. Uncle Bob’s BBQ – Thomas Claybar and Shawn Jackson are one of the newest BBQ trucks in town, and they’re doing it right. They’ve got a lot of BBQ options with Pork, Beef Brisket and Sausages smoked daily.
3. Boteco ATX – Brazilian born owner Fernando Marri brings some authentic flavors to their new truck. Some of the ingredients can’t even be found in Austin. Grab some authentic food here and watch a soccer game on their truck mounted TV.
4. Bistro Vonish – Owner and Chef Craig Vanis has created a new experience with this truck offering high-end vegan delights. Whether you’re vegan or not, you’ll find something to love on the ever changing menu.
5. TLocs Sonora Hot Dogs – Simply calling these creations hot dogs don’t do them justice. These Sonora Dogs, artfully crafted by owner Miguel Kaiser, are a guilty pleasure.
If you’d like to try these food trucks as well as 23 others, check out the Austin Passbook. It offers 2-for-1 deals on some of the best items at 28 of Austin’s best trucks. If you’re lucky, you can pick one up for only $15 during the pre-sale on the Summer edition until May 15th. Check it out here.