The flooding this weekend has left many of our neighbors without homes. Several people have asked where they can donate. Here is a list of ideas. If anyone knows of other places to drop off items such as clothes, bottled water etc. please let me know and I will add to the list.
- Hays County Food Bank– The most needed items for disaster relief are: · High-protein canned meals with pop-top cans (ravioli, soups, spaghetti) · Paper goods and products (paper towels/plates/cups/napkins, plastic utensils) · Single serving meals that do not require refrigeration or cooking/meals ready to eat · Single serving snacks such as raisins & granola bars · Peanut Butter · Disinfectant wipes – They will be accepting donations at the following locations:
- 220 Herndon St, San Marcos
- Cabela’s, 15570 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610
- Barton Middle School, 4950 Jack C. Hays Trail, Buda, TX 78610
- Wallace Middle School, 1500 West Center, Kyle, TX 78640
- Chapa Middle School, 3311 Dacy Lane, Kyle, TX 78640
- Katherine Anne Porter School, 515 FM2325, Wimberley, TX 78676
- – See more at: http://haysfoodbank.org/#sthash.ld9LTDtL.dpuf
- United Way for Greater Austin –
- Support Central Texas flood recovery efforts by making a monetary donation here.
- Give by mobile to help your Hays County neighbors in need by texting FLOODS to 41444 to make a donation.
- Unable to make a monetary donation? Find out about volunteer efforts or how to donate non-monetary items by calling 2-1-1, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We are collecting mops, brooms, Lysol spray and other cleaning items to help clean up affected homes. Please drop off any of these items at United Way for Greater Austin with our receptionist from 9-12 and 1-5 tomorrow (May 26). Hays County is completely sold out of these items already. If you stop by, take a photo in front of our Butter Half mural and tag us on social media!
- Need help? Information on flooding and recovery resources is available by calling 2-1-1. On Saturday, UWATX initiated “Disaster Mode” by adding information on evacuations, shelters and other emergency resources to the 2-1-1 Navigation Center database.
– See more at: http://www.unitedwayaustin.org/05/2015/support-central-texas-flood-recovery-efforts/#sthash.ISwLxJd4.dpuf
- Salvation Army – to make a monetary donation visit their website. Text “TXFloods” to 51555 to donate to the Salvation Army Texas Flood Relief. Message and data rates may apply. Thank you!
- Austin Disaster Relief Network – To donate resources or give a monatary donation visit their website.
- Central Texas Red Cross – 1-877-500-8645 – They’re in need of volunteers. To learn more and get involved visit their website.
Red Velvet Events is collecting donations to help families impacted. Items can be brought to our office between 9 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Friday.Address: 7000 N. MoPax Expy, Suite 450, Austin TX 78731 (4th floor, right when you step off the elevator we are on your right). Phone Number: 512-380-9688
- River Oaks Elementary School is accepting donations to help the families impacted 12401 Scofield Farms Dr, Austin, TX Phone:(512) 594-5000
- Down South Railhouse – 107 E. Center Street Kyle, Texas (512) 256-5082
- Wimberly Town Clean-up Volunteer information
Local Animal Rescue Groups are also in need.
- Austin Pets Alive – Austin Pets Alive! will be OPEN today to the public from 11:30-7:00 and donations can be dropped off as early as 8:00 a.m. outside of building C-the clinic ( Building C is located at 1156 W. Cesar Chavez.). (The city side of TLAC (1156 W. Cesar Chavez) will be closed today). Donations of large dog leashes, rawhides, puzzle toys, peanut butter, meaty treats, towels and paper towels will be very much appreciated!!
- BAE Shirts – Proceeds Benefit Austin Pets Alive
Photo Courtesy: Devon Hutchins