27 days until kickoff! If you can’t wait that long to get a glimpse at the Longhorns, today is your lucky day!
Texas Athletics invites fans to the 2015 Texas Football Fan Day on Sunday, Aug. 9 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The day’s activities start at 9:45 a.m. with an open practice. This is the first opportunity for fans to get a glimpse of the Longhorns before the season opener vs. Notre Dame in South Bend.
Beginning at noon, fans will have an opportunity for photo ops with some of Texas’ greatest traditions: BEVO XIV, Smokey the Cannon, Texas Cheer and Pom, Hook ‘Em, AirHorn, and the world’s largest Hook ‘Em inflatable (weather permitting).
Following practice, fans are encouraged to head to the Red McCombs Red Zone for autographs from the 2015 Texas Football team and assistant coaches. Photos with Coach Strong will be taken by Texas Athletics personnel; fans will be given information on how to download the FREE photos online. Autographs will start at 1:30 p.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m.
Special 18″x24″ commemorative posters to be used for autographs will be provided to fans (Limit one poster per person). As a reminder, posters featuring student-athlete autographs may not be sold per NCAA rules. No outside items (including footballs, T-shirts, tickets, etc.) may be brought in for autographs. Photos with players and assistant coaches are also not permitted.
All autographs and activities are FREE and on a first-come, first-served basis. Large crowds are expected so please prepare accordingly. Fans may access the Red McCombs Red Zone following the conclusion of the open practice at noon.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
9 a.m.: Gates (1, 7, 27, 28, 32) on the east and west sides open. Stadium map
9:45 a.m.: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
- Open practice
1:30-3:30 p.m.: Red McCombs Red Zone (enter Gates 14 and 16 following practice) Fan Day map
- Autographs with Texas Football players and assistant coaches
- Photos with Texas Football head coach Charlie Strong
- Photo opportunities with BEVO XIV, Smokey the Cannon, Texas Cheer and Pom, Hook ‘Em, AirHorn and more!
- My All American writer/director Angelo Pizzo signs movie posters and takes photos with fans. My All American depicts the true story of UT’s 1969 national championship-winning football team heroes, Coach Darrell Royal and defensive back Freddie Steinmark. Learn more on the My All American Facebook page.
FREE parking is available at:
- Manor Garage, located directly west of Mike A. Myers Stadium,
- LBJ lots 37, 38, 39 located directly east of Frank Denius Fields, and
Lot 70 located directly south of Mike A. Myers Stadium.