What You’ll See at the 2016 Austin Maker Faire:
- An interactive Paint by RBG wall, which is thirty feet long and allows you to digitally paint a wall of 2,500 LEDs with actual brushes to create an illuminating work of art.
- Zen Gardener, an interactive installation where kids can drive a robot built to rake a 16×24 Zen sand garden
- Power tool drag racing
- Fashion show featuring LED wearables and Diode fashion
- a huge hands-on art/craft zone
- Arduino workshops
- Sangre Del Sol fire performers
- Ponytrap, a band featuring five robot drummers along with classical instruments and a ten foot tall drumbot.
- Robot Resurrection, the 28-foot fire-shooting human-piloted robot
- ArcAttack, a performance art group making electrifying music involving Tesla coils.
From glowing and illuminating light exhibits to elaborate art cars to a drone fly zone with drone obstacle course, the 2016 Faire will be a feast for the senses and a wonder to behold.
What: Maker Faire Austin
When: Saturday & Sunday, May 7 & 8, 2016
Time: 10 am – 6 pm daily
Where: Palmer Event Center, 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin
Cost: Advance ticket sales are $11 for children, $16 for adults. Tickets are available for purchase at a higher cost at the door. Weekend and single-day tickets can be purchased online.