Do you plan on powering through to midnight on New Year’s Eve to say farewell to 2016? While there are lots of fun New Year’s Eve parties to attend in Austin without the kids, there are many family-friendly events happening as well to ring in the new year as a family.
Have a safe and very happy new year from 365 Things Austin Family!
New Year’s Eve Events
- Celebrate with the entire family at Austin’s New Year Party 2017 on Vic Mathias Shores. There will be live music from artists including Ray Wylie Hubbard, Shinyribs and The Peterson Brothers, art, special performances, food and a wide variety of activities for kids. There will be fireworks at 10 pm for those littles who can’t make it until midnight!
- Let the little ones jump into the new year with Springfree Trampoline’s Noon Year Party at the Domain! Count down to NOON with jumping, crafts and a guest appearance from Princess Elsa!
- The Noon Year’s Eve Balloon Drop & Bubble Wrap Stomp at The Thinkery will feature winter crafts, “snowball” fights, special performances and TWO separate balloon drops at noon and 2 pm.
- Ring in the New Year at the Austin and Round Rock Pump It Up locations where kids can can jump, slide and climb the New Year away! There will be a count down at noon at the Round Rock location and 1 pm at the Austin location. The celebration will include glow lights and tons of fun!
- Parents and kids, 10 and under, are welcome to kick off the new year at Pinballz Arcade’s three locations for a Noon Year’s Eve event complete with a make-and-take crafting experience, snacks, $5 in tokens, and a 12 PM prize-filled balloon drop! $10 entry per child.
- Austin’s Park N Pizza is throwing a kids’ Noon Year’s Eve extravaganza with face painting, prize-filled balloon drops, NYE activities, and plenty of sparkling, kid-friendly refreshments. The event is free, plus, we have a NYE Weekend Combo Special on December 31st and January 1st. Only $17.95 for UNLIMITED attractions, and a $5 Fun Card, from 11 am to 7 pm only! Balloon drops are at 2 and 6 pm.
- Teens ages 13 and up can celebrate the new year at Blazer Tag’s New Year’s Eve Black Light Bash. Drop them off at 11 pm and plan on picking them at by 7am for a fun-filled night!
New Year’s Day Events
- Head out to nature to kick off 2017 at the Minor Mishap’s New Year’s Day Parade. This informal gathering will feature songs in the sunshine and crisp air. This is free, family friendly, open to all.
- Ring in the new year with the rejuvenating power of Barton Springs at the annual Polar Bear Splash at Barton Springs Pool on New Year’s Day. Save Our Springs will be set up with commemorative shirts for sale, and free coffee and donuts! The event is free. Note: no lifeguards will be on duty during the event.
- Take part in the Polar Bear Splash, a Kyle tradition that happens each New Year’s day for 13 years now!
- Are you brave enough to slide into the pfrigid water at Scott Mentzer Pool in Pflugerville to kick off your new year? The Pfreeze Pflop lasts until the last brave soul who was in line at 10 a.m. goes down the slide. Arrive early so you don’t miss out! Free admission with canned food donation.
- Kick of 2017 with a First Day Hike in one of the many Austin-area Texas State Park locations! Whether you’d like to take a guided hike or leisurely stroll in nature, Texas State Parks have an event for you.