New year, new you? How about volunteering with the Animal Center!
There are other great ways to get involved, here are a few examples:
- Concierge/ Customer Service – engaging visitors with the animals, explaining the process for adopting or reclaiming a pet, answering questions, matching potential adopters with pets that may be a good fit for their household
- Dog Wellness (large and small dog breeds) – training the dogs to have good manners, taking them on walks, and reinforcing house training skills
- Cat Socialization – socializing and comforting the cats, observing for character traits
- Cat Nebulization – treating kitties sick with upper respiratory infections
- Anesthetic Recovery – monitoring animals pre- and post-surgery
- Outreach Volunteer – participating with activities in the community about responsible pet ownership
- Photography – updating our website photos with dog and cat glamour shots
Volunteers are needed daily between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
For more information on how to get involved click here.
If you are in the market for a new furry friend, check out these Pets of the Week still looking for a forever home!