If you can’t get yourself and your giant hat to Louisville this year, don’t fret—the Austin version is every bit as fun. The third-annual Derby in the City Music Festival, an event that fuses everybody’s favorite horse race with live music, is the best way to catch the 143rd running of the Kentucky Derby in Austin. This is, by far, the biggest Race for the Roses party in the city. Dress to impress and head downtown for an amazing lineup of live music featuring Black Pistol Fire, Sweet Spirit, Los Coast, The Watters, and headliner Citizen Cope with his full band!
Odd Duck will be crafting their Makers Mark mint julep, Kentucky mules, and other fabulous cocktails and there will be a solid beer list with Oskar Blues, Odell Brewing, Sierra Nevada, Deep Ellum Brewing, and Schilling Cider. Also check out the food trucks and massive Jockey Club Tent with flat screen TVs.
When: Saturday, May 6th
Time: Gates – 1:30 p.m. | Festival Ends – 9:30 p.m.
Cost: General Admission Tickets – $31.50 for a limited time – price increase coming soon!
- Intimate area tucked beneath the oak trees for the ultimate shaded experience
- Complimentary food provided by Odd Duck
- Complimentary massages provided by Austin Massage Company
- Dedicated bar with exclusive choices not available in general admission area
- UPGRADED Luxury VIP toilet station
- Ticket holders receive a swanky VIP GIFT BAG with access to exclusive discounts, products and experiences from companies/merchants such as Kendra Scott, Odd Duck, Austin Massage Company, Soul Cycle and more
- Tables and chairs for seating (seating on a first-come basis)
- Complimentary bottled water