If you live in Austin, you know that bats are big. Well not literally big, they’re actually pretty small, but their nightly journey to find insects is a spectacle that draws huge crowds of tourists and locals alike. Every night at dusk from early March to November, more than 1.5 million bats fly out from underneath the Congress Avenue Bridge, home of the largest urban bat colony in the world. It’s an amazing scene and an absolutely essential Austin activity.
While most people just grab a spot on the bridge, there’s actually an even better way to watch the bats. We’ve partnered with Austin Tour Company and Capital Cruises to bring you Bat Tuesday, a party cruise on Town Lake (or Lady Bird Lake as it’s now known). Enjoy great music, snacks, and cocktails aboard a fabulous boat with air conditioning, bathrooms, and a gorgeous roof deck. We’ll pause near the bridge (and turn the music down) at sunset to watch the bats!
Here are the details for the cruise:
- Boarding starts at 6:30 p.m. We’ll cruise from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- House DJ laying down the best beats around
- Lite bites from Burro Cheese Kitchen
- Drinks from Eastciders and Mighty Swell
- If delicious cocktails ain’t your thing, the boat is also BYOB!
- All this for $35 per person
- You do not need a printed confirmation, we will check you in electronically once you arrive
- HAVE FUN, and drink responsibly
Space is limited so snag your reservation here.