1. Float The River: Simply said, this is an Austin Rite of Passage. We’re experts by now so we can provide everything including safe transportation from downtown Austin, tubes, and ice.
2. Zilker Free Summer Musical: All Shook Up: This is a MUST DO for all ages. Thursdays-Sundays late July-August head to the Zilker Hillside for a five star performance. Don’t forget to pack a picnic, bug spray and a blanket.
3. Barton Springs Pool: no matter how hot it gets, this constant 68 degree spring fed pool will cool your core.
4. Unplugged At The Grove: Summer in Austin is all about the free live music. Unplugged at the Grove is the longest running free music series in Austin.
5. South Congress Hotel Pool Pass: This is summer’s best kept secret. Now through Labor Day, you can snag pool passes at the South Congress Hotel that will get you access to the rooftop pool and bar, and towels. Poolside dining is provided by Café No Sé. Guests can book their pool day at South Congress Hotel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Mondays – Fridays though Labor Day, 11 a.m.- sunset
6. Walk Dogs or Volunteer with Austin Animal Center: How can you resist that sweet face?! Even if you can’t commit to owning a new dog, the dogs at the shelter always love the chance to get out of their cages and go on walks!
7. Explore Austin on a Fat Tire Electric Minibike : This is not your grandma’s tour of the city. This is for adventure loving locals (or tourists) who want to experience Austin like never before.
8. The Bat Boat Sunset Cruise on Lady Bird Lake: We’ve all heard about the city’s bat colony, but have you ever taken the time to go experience it for yourself? Our sunset bat watching cruises offer pizza from Via313, cocktails, live music, and more.
9. Try Escaping From The Escape Game Austin: Need to escape the heat? This is one of our favorite indoor (and rainy day activities). Great for a group of friends wanting to try something “different.”
10. Rent a Fishing (or regular) Kayak from Rowing Dock: Did you know you can fish on Lady Bird Lake?
11. Waterloo Adventures: As any Austinite knows, the primary goal of any summer day in this city is submerge yourself in water. A new waterpark, Waterloo Adventures opens this month and we can’t wait to check it out!
12. Deep Eddy Pool: Oh, Deep Eddy Pool. You are an Austin essential.
13. Pool Burger: When you go to Deep Eddy Pool, the only way to follow it up is a stop here. Delicious burgers and frozen cocktails will keep you cool after the pool.
14. Spend Time on the Lake: Float On Boat Rentals is our go-to for renting boats (and Captains, if needed) on Lake Austin or Travis.
15. Free Concerts In The Park at The Long Center: Sunday evenings are for picnics and free live music. Each week features a different ensemble of the Austin Symphony. They will play a variety of music, everything from jazz and light classical, to pop selections and film scores. It’s a true Austin treat.