Whether you are an art rookie or aficionado, atxGALS has managed to curate the coolest art exhibits around Austin by offering a unique way to experience top-notch art, and let me tell you, it’s one of the most fun and rewarding alternatives to your typical night out.
What’s Unique About atxGALS Events:
- They are known for hosting art exhibits in non-traditional gallery settings – South Congress Hotel, Wanderlust Yoga Studios, The Refinery, and DSNMGF to name a few. “Galleries can be stuffy and intimidating for people, even to some artists. We try to create an atmosphere that is fun and comfortable for everyone to simply come out to have a good time while also supporting a good cause.”
2. The tickets to their events are super accessible and in most cases, they include OPEN BAR. You can also score some sweet swag bags with your ticket purchase.
3. The level of talent is no joke, and it’s all local! The exhibits feature art from at least 10 different women artists, each unique in style and medium. The curation is beautiful, fun, diverse and effortless.
4. Wear your dancing shoes – these ladies sure know the best DJs in town, setting the ambiance far from ‘stuffy’. The music is upbeat but easy enough to sit back with friends and enjoy the art. Stay long enough and you might find yourself in the middle of a dance party surrounded by incredible art. Either way, sign me up!
5. By attending an atxGALS event, you are supporting local arts and Organizations. Artists keep 100% of art sales, which is unusual in a typical gallery setting, and a portion of ticket sales benefit incredible Organizations with a focus on women’s empowerment, rights, and equality. Talk about a feel-good party.
If you haven’t been to an art party put on by atxGALS, now is your chance. atxGALS and Native Hostel are partnering for atxGALS official Fall party this Friday, September 28th.
The night will kick off at 6pm with an exclusive meet and greet with the artists, open bar sponsored by Tito’s Vodka, Austin Eastciders, Dulce Vida Tequila and Lone Star Beer, passed around chef-prepared appetizers, and an exhibit with works from 14 emerging female artists. The party will continue at 7:30 when doors open to VIP and General Admission guests.
atxGALS is expected to put on an incredible event, and in partnership with Native Hostel, will have two DJ sets, swag bags for the VIP ticket buyers (tickets are limited) and a silent auction benefiting Girls Empowerment Network. Participating artists will include: Kristin Freeman, Molly Mansfiel, Arielle Austin, Chanel Kreuze, Monica Ceniceros, Whitney Turetzky Neena Buxani, Eryn Brooke, Brooke Robinson, Umbreen Ahmad, Kara Pendl, Kiah Denson, Julie Ahmad and Ashley Gierke