Whether you are an art rookie or aficionado, atxGALS has managed to curate the coolest art exhibits around Austin by offering a unique way to experience top-notch art, and let me tell you, it’s one of the most fun and rewarding alternatives to your typical night out.
What’s Unique About atxGALS Events:
- They are known for hosting art exhibits in non-traditional gallery settings – South Congress Hotel, Wanderlust Yoga Studios, The Refinery, and DSNMGF to name a few. “Galleries can be stuffy and intimidating for people, even to some artists. We try to create an atmosphere that is fun and comfortable for everyone to simply come out to have a good time while also supporting a good cause.”
2. The tickets to their events are super accessible and in most cases, they include OPEN BAR. You can also score some sweet swag bags with your ticket purchase.
3. The level of talent is no joke, and it’s all local! The exhibits feature art from at least 10 different women artists, each unique in style and medium. The curation is beautiful, fun, diverse and effortless.
4. Wear your dancing shoes – these ladies sure know the best DJs in town, setting the ambiance far from ‘stuffy’. The music is upbeat but easy enough to sit back with friends and enjoy the art. Stay long enough and you might find yourself in the middle of a dance party surrounded by incredible art. Either way, sign me up!
5. By attending an atxGALS event, you are supporting local arts and Organizations. Artists keep 100% of art sales, which is unusual in a typical gallery setting, and a portion of ticket sales benefit incredible Organizations with a focus on women’s empowerment, rights, and equality. Talk about a feel-good party.
If you haven’t been to an art party put on by atxGALS, now is your chance. atxGALS and Native Hostel are partnering for atxGALS official Fall party this Friday, September 28th.
The night will kick off at 6pm with an exclusive meet and greet with the artists, open bar sponsored by Tito’s Vodka, Austin Eastciders, Dulce Vida Tequila and Lone Star Beer, passed around chef-prepared appetizers, and an exhibit with works from 14 emerging female artists. The party will continue at 7:30 when doors open to VIP and General Admission guests.
atxGALS is expected to put on an incredible event, and in partnership with Native Hostel, will have two DJ sets, swag bags for the VIP ticket buyers (tickets are limited) and a silent auction benefiting Girls Empowerment Network. Participating artists will include: Kristin Freeman, Molly Mansfiel, Arielle Austin, Chanel Kreuze, Monica Ceniceros, Whitney Turetzky Neena Buxani, Eryn Brooke, Brooke Robinson, Umbreen Ahmad, Kara Pendl, Kiah Denson, Julie Ahmad and Ashley Gierke
The Gruene Music & Wine Festival + Craft Beer Event, which began way back in 1986, is a four-day festival with four distinct events to offer. This long weekend of fun in one of the most charming and historic parts of Texas is a celebration Americana music, wine, craft beer, food, and local makers. There will be more than 90 Texas wines and 75 Texas craft beers for tasting, so come thirsty. Everyone from Shinyribs to Clint Black and Emmylou Harris has played this iconic event.
Since its founding, the fest has always benefited the Comal County United Way, a charity whose mission is to improve the quality of life for locals by generating resources to meet the needs of the community.
Check out the day-by-day details below and click here to get your tickets! If you haven’t been to Gruene, this will be the perfect intro to a true Texas gem.
When: October 4th – 7th
Gruene Historic District
THURSDAY: KICKOFF EVENT
- Specially curated wine & beer tasting
- Live Music
- VIP Tickets Available
- 21+ only
FRIDAY: ROCKIN’ WITH TEXAS WINE & FOOD
- Private show & meet ‘n’ greet with Aaron Watson
- Wine tasting by three of Texas’ best vineyards
- Catered Dinner by The Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar
- The Great Guitar Auction
SATURDAY: TEXAS TASTINGS & TUNES
- 90+ wines for tasting
- Live music
- Artisan Market
- 21+ only
SUNDAY: + CRAFT BEER EVENT & MUSIC FEST
- Over 75 craft beers for tastings & wines for purchase
- 8+ hours of live Texas tunes
- Artisan Market
- 21+ only event!
Free rooftop yoga is BACK! Join Black Swan Yoga on the rooftop of Whole Foods at S. Lamar every Wednesday for the entire months of September and October.
Enjoy free Kombucha from sponsor GTS Kombucha after and hang for a dance party with each DJ afterwards. No need to sign up, just show up and bring your yoga mat, a water bottle and a friend!
September 19th – Patsy – DJ Alfa Leone
September 26th – Bridgid – Cass&ra
October 3rd – Christine – Cass&ra
October 10th – Lizzie – SWAYLÓ
October 17th – Jenn – SWAYLÓ
Ocober 24th – Cheyenne – Cass&ra
October 31st – Gillian – Cass&ra
524 North Lamar
Whalebone Magazine‘s Dive Bar Issue is dropping this month, and to celebrate, they’re doing a national dive bar tour that will hit Austin tonight! Our stop on the tour is, naturally, one of the best in the business—Donn’s Depot. RSVP right here so you don’t miss all the divey fun.
If you don’t subscribe to Whalebone, you totally should because they have awesome content like—oh hey look!—this handy guide to Austin featuring 365’s own Jason Neff.
When: Today, September 18th
Time: 8 – 11 p.m.
1600 W 5th St.
Austin, Texas 78703
The good people at Austin Animal Center are trying to avoid using pop crates this weekend by waiving adoption fees on medium and large doggies! They are super full right now and also looking for fosters.
If you’ve been thinking about bringing someone special into your family, THIS is the perfect time to find them.
When: Today, September 16th
Hours: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
7201 Levander Loop Bldg. A
Austin, TX 78702
Just because Labor Day is behind us doesn’t mean that lake season is over! Float On Boat Rentals has just launched a September Sunset Cruise special, a two-hour cruise for $250. Available on Lake Austin or Lake Travis.
We are giving away a two-hour cruise for you and your crew. To enter, visit our Instagram.
Float on wants to spice up your average work Happy Hour. So here is how you can score some extra entries incase you don’t win our giveaway.
- tag your work crew
- tag your work (the Float On team is going to be surprising some people at their work and giving away more FREE Happy Hour cruises)
rosso and Flynn
If you live in Austin, chances are you like the word “local.” That’s because great things are happening right here. And now you can get the very best meat from Central Texas ranches delivered right to your door.
Rosso & Flynn was founded by two people who were asking themselves the same question: Why is it so hard to find meat worthy of the home kitchen? The store shelves are packed with items that say “natural” and “organic,” but that says very little about the animal’s quality of life.
The solution they found was supporting local businesses that are raising animals the right way.
The company, which launched in 2017, likes to think of itself as a modern butcher. They bring the values and expertise of an old-school butcher to today’s often crowded consumer experience. You can order poultry, pork, beef, and more online that is all sourced directly from ranches just a stone’s throw from Austin.
And you are really going to taste the difference—they share suppliers with some of the top farm-to-table restaurants in Austin. All animals are pasture-raised on real grass and are paid the utmost care. This means no antibiotics (unless the animal is sick), no arsenic, no hormones, no GMOs, no soy, and no “by-product feedstuffs.”
Select from their wide array of unique cuts and bundles and feed your family right. There are now two options for delivery—Thursday and Sunday. You can either stock your fridge for a weekend of entertaining and tailgating, or get a head start on weeknight dinners. All orders are a la cart; no subscription is needed! Great meals start with great ingredients, and Rosso & Flynn is determined to make it easy.
Native Hostel is launching a new weekly happy hour that offers four new snack items each priced at $5 along with a selection of $8 cocktails and half-price wine by the glass and canned beer.
Tuesday – Friday: 4pm-7pm
807 E 4th St, Austin, TX 78702
Wurstfest was voted the number two Oktoberfest in the country by USA Today. This “10-Day Salute To Sausage” in New Braunfels is one of our favorite festivals of the year. With sausage, beer, polka and potato pancakes as far as the eye can see, it’s a Bavarian wonderland that’s not to be missed.
By offering round trip transportation all ten days of the fest again we’re making getting to New Braunfels easier than fitting into last years lederhosen. Why risk the hour drive when you can take our Wheels to Wurstfest?
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
- Worry free transportation from downtown Austin to / from Wurstfest in New Braunfels.
- Buses are luxury air conditioned motor coaches with bathrooms!
- Since the buses have TVs we’ll watch Beerfest during the drive to get you in the festival spirit!
- BYOB welcome on the ride down.
- Admission into the festival.
- Pre and post Wurstfest Specials at our downtown Austin check-in location.
- Four hours on site to enjoy the festival, total trip time is approximately six hours depending on traffic.
- Festive attire encouraged! Add on our “Wurst Wear” to complete your experience.
- Each bus holds 54 guests so you can come by yourself and meet new friends or invite all of your friends to book on the same bus as you!
- Our buses are 18 and older, proof of valid ID required at check in!
**The bus will pick up and drop off from Revelery. You can start boarding 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour departure time. Check in early or stay late to receive pre and post wheels specials. To reserve a private bus email firstname.lastname@example.org**
Photo Credi: Casey Dunn Photography
Can’t decide on where to Happy Hour. Fareground is an often overlooked gem. You can grab a drink from the bar and then everyone in your group can decide on where they want to grab bites from. They offer great drink specials, from 3-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Enjoy $4 local drafts, $5 select wines and $5 select cocktails.
Easy Tiger, Ni-Kome: Sushi & Ramen, Henbit, Antonelli’s Cheese Shop, Contigo Fareground and Dai Due Taqueria all also offer happy hour specials that change seasonally.
When: Monday- Friday
Fareground at One Eleven
111 Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78701
Prev123...342Next Page 2 of 342