Austin Bakes, the local baking group that raises funds for disaster relief, will be hosting their 10th bake sale in Austin on February 1st. The local volunteer group, who hosts citywide bake sale fundraisers, will raise funds for the Australian bushfires that have devastated the landscape, wildlife and homes of so many. Since being founded in 2011, Austin Bakes has hosted 9 citywide bake sales, raising $85,000 for various disasters, starting with the 2011 Tsunami in Japan and contributing to relief for Nepal, Bastrop, the city of West, Hurricane Harvey and more.
On Saturday, February 1st volunteers will be set up at several locations around the Austin area, selling baked goods and accepting donations:
• Buda: Nate’s from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
• East: Bennu on MLK from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
• South: Crema Bakery & Café from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
• East: Cuvee Coffee from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
• North: Stiles Switch BBQ from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
• Downtown: Lustre Pearl from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
All proceeds from the sale will go to the Australian Wildfires Relief Fund by GlobalGiving. Those interested in supporting the sale who cannot do so in person are encouraged to share information about it and donate online. Those interested in volunteering can do so at the Austin Bakes website (https://austinbakes.com/).