The LEGO® KidsFest national tour stops in Texas at the Austin Convention Center August 31 – September 2, 2012, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
- LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
- Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
- LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
- LEGO Universe: become a custom LEGO Minifigure in this multiplayer online game
- And much more, covering over 150,000 square feet of space
“Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Texan families to test and showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
Giveaway Time: Tell us what your favorite toy was growing up & win a family 4 Pack to LEGO KidsFest coming to Austin Aug. 31- Sept. 2. Winner will be chosen at random on Monday at noon.