Summer is wrapping up and South Congress Hotel is hosting a grand finale Ice Cream Social that will include beloved Austin Pastry Chefs Amanda Rockman of South Congress Hotel and Tavel Bristol-Joseph of Emmer & Rye!
The local chefs will join forces to create a unique and tasty menu for the last Ice Cream Social event of the year in South Congress Hotel’s courtyard on August 28 from 1-4pm.
- Delicious treats for purchase from Stephen F. Frostin’, the hotel’s artisanal ice cream truck
- Flavors from Executive Pastry Chef Amanda Rockman and special guest chefs
- Vintage VW Photobooth by Vannagram & Co (dates in July & August)
- Drink specials on rosé, bubbles & beer
- Live music
The menu that Tavel has created includes:
- Create Your Own Sundae topped with whipped cream, boozy chocolate sauce, salted caramel, spiced pecans, bran granola, and honeycomb
- Ice Cream Sandwich made with Blue Barley and chestnut chocolate cookies, cocoa bean ice cream, and salted caramel
- Raspados created with peach leaf ice cream, guava lemon verbena whey ice, and fruit compote
- White Sonoran Tres Leches Cake toasted grain ice cream, whipped cream and salted caramel
Pretty sweet, no?