Volunteer Registration is open for Austin Parks Foundation’s biggest city-wide volunteer event, It’s My Park Day, on Saturday, March 2, 2019. With over 100 projects to choose from – ranging from clean ups, trail repair, tree care and even a kids’ crew – there are opportunities for every Austinite to lend a hand in enhancing our green spaces for generations to come.
Volunteers wearing their It’s My Park Day t-shirts will receive special discounts and deals from these giveback partners:
Austin Daily Press
Bird Bird Biscuit
Crux Climbing Center
Cosmic Coffee + Beer Garden
East Side Pies
True Food Kitchen
Pick a park near you and register to become a volunteer here:
With the weather as lovely as spring weather can be, families are encouraged to head outdoors for the popular Movies in the Park series of free films brought to you by Austin Parks Foundation in partnership with Alamo Drafthouse and presented by Lyft.
The FREE movies are located in parks all over Austin. Picnics are welcome as are blankets or lawn chairs for a fun and relaxing evening under the beautiful Austin night sky.
Find your favorite movie below:
- Shrek, Thursday, March 24, from 7:45-9:15 pm at Dick Nichols Park District Park, 8011 Beckett
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, March 31, from 7:50-10pm at Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe Street
- The Sandlot, April 14, from 8-10pm at Northwest District Park, 7000 Ardath Street
- Wall-E: Earth Day Feature, April 21, from 8-10pm at Wooldridge Square Park, 900 Guadalupe Street
- Raiders of the Lost Ark, May 5, from 8:15-10:15pm, at Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe Street
Please be sure to check for weather updates as the dates get nearer. If there is inclement weather, the dates are subject to change.