Yes , you can still enjoy the madness of SXSW without the luxury of a wristband/badge. The free shows are at Auditorium Shores are on of the best things for those that do not have credentials.
Free music plus the city as a backdrop are a sure good time.
As one that has experienced the free shows before here are some pointers:
- Parking is NOT easy. Take a cab, ride a bike, get dropped off, walk. If you are there early you may be able to park at Palmer Event Center (yet you have to pay to park).
- Be prepared for a crowd but it is a great time!
- If you don’t have a specific show in mind that you want to see late afternoon/early evening is a great time to head out because watching the sky turn from day to night with Austin as a backdrop is pretty incredible.
- Also, feel fee to tag me on instagram @365thingsaustin so I can see your pictures!
Here is the line-up for the next few days.
Thursday March 14:
Friday, March 15 (Gates open at 3:30pm):
Saturday, March 16:
- 12:30pm- The Mother Hips
- 1:30pm- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers
- 2:30pm- Spirit Family Reunion
- 3:30pm- James Hunter
- 4:30pm- JJ Grey & Mofro
- 5:55pm- Steve Earle
- 6:40pm- Robert Randolph and The Family Band
- 8:00pm- The Midnight Ramble Band
800 W. Riverside Drive
Austin, Texas 78704