Kick start your weekends at WET Deck with live beats by DJ Kurupt & Buck Rogers while staying hydrated with exclusive summertime cocktails. Tickets are $10 for non-guests and are complimentary for guests of W Austin. Cash is not accepted at the door.
Looking for ways to entertain your kids this summer? Worried about how to combat the daily cries of boredom? The 2017 Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids is packed with over 60 activities, events, and day trip recommendations to keep your family active in the Austin area all summer long. This FREE printable can be downloaded or picked up in the latest edition of Austin Family Magazine. It’s easy, free, and the kids earn prizes and discounts to local Austin businesses as they complete items on the checklist. See just how easy it is below!
How to Have Summer Fun
1. Print the 2017 Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids or pick up the more recent edition of Austin Family Magazine for an already printed copy.
Come to the Summer Fun Launch Party on June 10th, from 9 am to noon, at Whole Foods Market Lamar to pick up a copy of the checklist. Kids of all ages will enjoy live music by Joe McDermott, Lauren Diamond, Ms. Kat’s Music and Movement, and Big Wy’s Brass Band, craft activities, prizes and more. There will be free breakfast tacos (one per admission), free pretzels (limited availability) from Easy Tiger, free coffee from Chameleon Cold-Brew, Me & the Bees Lemonade samples, KIND Bars, and more. Tickets are just $5 for adults, $2 for children 13 and under, with all proceeds benefiting Whole Kids Foundation. Bring a food item to be donated to the Central Texas Food Bank and get a free child’s admission!
2. Pick activities to do all summer long.
3. Do activity.
4. Check it off the list.
5. Once you’ve done at least three activities on the checklist, you can earn prizes for even more Summer Fun!
6. Upload photos of you and your kids doing activities on the Summer Fun Checklist for a chance to win even more prizes including Chaparral Ice Skating Passes, free museum admission to the Bullock Museum, and more. Use #AustinSummerFun as the hashtag with your account set to public. We’ll be picking winners randomly all summer long.
What’s on the 2017 Austin Summer Fun Checklist?
Anytime Fun Includes:
- Take a dip in Barton Springs Pool
- Discover Dinos in Austin
- Jump on a trampoline at Springfree Trampoline
- Go indoor skydiving at iFly
- Watch the Bats Emerge at Dusk
- Ride the Train at the Austin Zoo
- Play indoors at Catch Air
- Visit Exhibits at Bullock Museum
- Watch Friday night fireworks at Round Rock Express
- Nerf war indoors at Dart em Up
- Hike & splash at St. Edward’s Park
- Explore Zilker Botanical Garden
- Go fishing
- Visit the animals at the Austin Zoo
- Ice skate at Chaparral Ice
- Get wet at Typhoon Texas
- Get lost in a book at BookPeople
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Visit the Cathedral of Junk
- Explore The Domain
- Roller skate at Playland Skate Center
- Eat a taco on a Tuesday
- Kayak in Austin’s Waterway
- Play at Joanne Land Park
- Play Pinball, Pac-Man and more at an arcade
- Visit an Austin Museum
- Cool down with some ice cream
- Join a summer reading program
- Learn about the history of Austin at the Austin History Center
Or you can go to a few awesome Austin events this summer including:
- Children’s Day Art Park
- Blues on the Green
- Summer Free Family Film Series at the Bullock Museum
- Summer Fun Launch party at Whole Foods Market, Lamar
- Taste North Austin at The Domain
- Blues on the Green
- Family Eldercare’s Fans from Fans Fan Drive
- Juneteenth Celebration
- Unplugged at the Grove
- 4th of July Fireworks
- Visit Whole Foods Market for Kid’s Club
- Father’s Day Event at Catch Air
- Zilker Summer Musical: The Wizard of Oz
- Soar to new heights at Science Mill
- Superhero night at Round Rock Express
- … and more!
How about a day trip to explore other places that are still close to home?
- Johnson City
- Texas State Parks Close to Austin
Check back here all summer long for more in-depth articles or follow us on Facebook and Instagram for tips and advice on navigating the summer months with kids.
–> Download the 2017 Summer Fun Checklist and start having fun! <–
365 Things to do in Austin, Family is teaming up with AustinSummerFun.com, Spare the Rock, Austin Family Magazine and LiveMom.com to bring you the 2016 Summer Fun Checklist. Packed with events, activities for anytime fun and day trip recommendations, the Summer Fun Checklist for Kids will help keep your family active this summer. Better yet, once your kids complete three items on the checklist, they can visit local businesses to get FREE items and discounts!
Many thanks to the following businesses for making the 2016 Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids possible:
Stay tuned to see which special freebies and discounts are being offered this year and to see which fun activities you’ll be doing with your kids! We’ll release the checklist on Friday, May 27, 2016.
To kick off the summer fun, come out to the Austin Summer Fun Checklist Launch Party, presented by KUTX and Whole Foods Market on Saturday, June 4, 2016, from 9 am to noon.
Come up to the rooftop to get your FREE Checklist for the kids, and enjoy a concert with one of our favorite bands, Koo Koo Kanga Roo (performing at 10am). Get your dance moves ready, folks!
Hat Creek Burger Co. will be giving out a free breakfast taco to each attendee! There will be more free snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Visit with vendors and do activities including:
– Jump on a Springfree Trampoline
– Paint a rain barrel and register for a chance to win one of two to take home, courtesy of Whole Foods Market Austin
– Chaparral Ice Centers
– Catch Air – Austin, TX
What: Summer Launch Party
When: Saturday, June 4, 2016
Time: 9am – noon
Where: Whole Foods Market, 525 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin
Cost: $5 adults, free for kids. All proceeds benefit Whole Kids Foundation.
For more event updates, follow: https://www.facebook.com/events/1019869581436774/
Would you like to win a family four pack of tickets to the party? We are picking 10 winners who will receive two tickets for adults and two kids for free! What do you have to do to win? Complete the form below by 9 am CST on Monday, May 30, 2016. Only one entry per household. Prizes can not be transferred and hold no cash value. The winners will be notified via email and given 24 hours to claim to prize.