Join Twin Liquors for their special French Wine Social event to celebrate the February French Wine Sale! Receive 20% off when you purchase two or more bottles of French wine. During the free social, you’ll also be able to purchase tickets to UMLAUF’s Annual Garden Party at 30% off. Please send RSVPs to email@example.com
Happy Fall to all! We have missed you all and hope you are ready for our wine dinners to begin again.
We are excited to host our first fall wine dinner with the legendary Napa winery, Girard. Enjoy 5 courses expertly prepared by Chef Shane Stark to compliment these spectacular wines.
MONDAY @ 6:30 pm
GIRARD WINE DINNER MENU
pineapple | shiso | caviar cream
Rhode Island Wild Striped Bass
roasted cauliflower | pickled muscadine grapes | almonds
Cheeks and Grits
slow braised veal cheeks | hatch chile grits | baby turnip
Roasted 44 Farms Beef Loin
potato confit | cippolini onions | bordelaise
Warm Chocolate Cake
blackberry | spiced pecan ice cream
$95 per seat (not inclusive of tax or gratuity). Limited seating.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-215-8972 to reserve your seats.
Con’ Olio is hosting pop ups from local food artisans at all three Austin area locations on Mother’s Day. Bring mom along while you stroll and sample gourmet bites from some of Austin’s finest makers including Delysia Chocolates, Onion Creek Kitchens, Rancho Gordo’s Bottled sauces, Mia Chocolates, Tree Hive Maple Syrup & Honey and Hill Country Provision & Iron. Wine samples will be offered, and premade gift baskets will be available for purchase. Con’ Olio will also offer $25 gift cards for every $100 spent. If you can’t make it out, shop online at conolios.com.
Sustainable Food Center invites you to join us for our 11th Annual Farm to Plate benefit on Wednesday, May 9th from 7pm-9:30pm at Barr Mansion, with a VIP hour from 6pm-7pm.
Farm to Plate is a sip and stroll event featuring bites from some of Austin’s best chefs, as well as local beer, wine, cocktails, live music, and a silent auction. Farm to Plate takes place on the beautiful grounds of Barr Mansion, the nation’s first certified organic event venue, and food and drinks highlight seasonal, sustainably grown, locally sourced ingredients from area farmers.
All proceeds from Farm to Plate benefit our programs that increase access to healthy, affordable food for everyone in Central Texas. Join us in celebrating the bounty of spring in Central Texas – buy your tickets or table today!
Today is ‘National Drink Wine Day’ and if there’s one holiday that I’ve earned the right to celebrate it’s today’s. I like everything about wine. I like it cheap, I like it expensive, I like tasting, pairing, and learning about it; I like playing games focused on it, I like hanging out with my friends while drinking it, and as long as wine is involved, you can count me in for just about any activity. As a matter of fact, I’m actually having a glass whilst writing this post.
That being said, I’m very excited about a day dedicated to one of my favorite beverages. Here’s a list of my favorite places to get a glass (or bottle) in Austin.
1. Vino Vino– I go to Vino Vino for the extensive wine selection and the atmosphere. There’s literally a wall of wine, so the selections are seemingly endless. Their food menu is also well executed. It’s a place I find myself when I’m not running out to happy hour in workout clothes, as the atmosphere is a little more sophisticated.
2. Apothecary– I like this place because everything here is consistently solid. Their happy hour is great- on Sundays and Mondays they offer $10 off all bottles, and on Saturdays, it’s half off all bottles of sparking wine. They have an excellent cheese plate, and many of their menu items are perfect for sharing. They also have a quaint little patio that’s perfect when the weather is nice.
3. Trio– Their happy hour is also fantastic, its daily from 5-7pm, and they offer $5 off appetizers from the bar menu and half-off glasses of wine. You really can’t beat it. And of course, as you would expect from the Four Seasons, the service is always five stars.
4. Botticelli’s– Their back patio feels like a hidden gem. You could easily be at a wine bar in Italy, it’s that welcoming and cozy. It’s a great place to go for hanging out, drinking wine and snacking. They have happy hour Daily from 5-7pm, and all night on Sunday and Monday.
5. Antonelli’s Cheese Class – This stop takes planning as you need to sign up for the class in advance. However, out of all the things I’ve done in Austin, it’s one of my favorites. You can choose to purchase the wine that they suggest for the cheese pairing, or for a $4 corking fee you can bring your own selections. One of these classes is a must do for any cheese (and wine) lover!
6. Barley Swine – To be fair, Barley Swine is also one of my favorite restaurants in Austin. I love going here and ordering a bunch of small plates and enjoying their menu over bottles of wine and good company.
7. Opa! – The extensive outdoor seating and the causal atmosphere keeps me coming back. They are family owned, and I always feel as if I’m hanging out of my Italian aunt’s patio (if I had an Italian aunt) while I ‘m there.
Here are other places around town that are also great for grabbing a glass.
The holidays are great for many activities, including spending time with family and friends, eating like calories don’t count, and consuming lots of adult beverages.
Duchman Winery is located about 30 minutes from downtown Austin and feels more like Napa than Central Texas. They offer private and public tours of their facilities and make some incredible wine.
Today’s winner will receive a Red and White Holiday Gift Box with Duchman’s delicious wine to enjoy this holiday season.
Here’s a link to all of their holiday gift boxes for those still in the midst of holiday shopping: http://conta.cc/1b2IMDS
I was at the winery in September for a tour and tasting and had an absolute blast, you can read more about that experience here.
Duchman Family Winery
13308 FM 150 West
Driftwood, Texas 78619
Here’s how to enter: (YOU MUST BE 21 TO PARTICIPATE. They won’t send you the prize without verifying!)
• SHARE this post & like their business Facebook page.
• We’ll pick a winner using random.org tomorrow before we announce the next giveaway. YOU MUST CLAIM YOUR PRIZE WITHIN 48 HOURS OR WE’LL PICK A NEW WINNER. Winners will be announced in the comments section of today’s post on Facebook AND in this blog post 12 Days of Austin Christmas Winners.
You can also follow us on facebook, twitter, pinteret and instagram at 365ThingsAustin to keep up with more happenings around Austin!
If you’re interested in sponsoring a post or giveaway email us!
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Sign Up for 365 Things Austin Newsletter!”]