My favorite at home treatments for healthier, younger looking eyes.
There are so many reasons for tired looking eyes. Lack of sleep, allergies, and dryness to name just a few.
Here are a few of my favorite tips and products for achieving bright healthy looking eyes in quarantine.
- Cold Compress– I like to use cold (caffeinated) tea bags soaked in ice water. Apply the tea bags to the eyes for 15 minutes. This is a must first thing in the morning to relieve any excess lymphatic drainage around the eyes.
- Gentle Tapping – You always want to touch delicately around the eyes when doing any type of massage or tapotement (tapping) around the eye. Excessive rubbing can further exacerbate the problem and cause darkness under the eye. I use my index, middle, and ring finger and very gently tap around the eye flushing any toxicity away from the area.
- Moisture – Eye Cream is an absolute necessity especially over the age of 30, A few of my favorites are Haoma Earth CBD eye cream, Botnia Skin Care Eye Cream, and Arcona’s Eye Dew +.
- Sunscreen – (like crazy) sun exposure also create dark circles under the eyes, by increasing the melanin content. The skin in this region can pigment more than the surrounding skin because it’s more sensitive. Because the skin is thinnest under the eyes, the blood vessels here will be closer to the surface, meaning they look darker.
- A great “clean beauty” concealer. This is so important and can be a total game changer. The ingredients you use should be moisturizing and clean of chemicals and other impurities. It should only be slightly lighter than your normal skin foundation. But not too light that it accentuates dark circles. A few concealers that I love are W3LL People, Kosas, and Beauty Counter.
- Water just drink it. Dehydration shows up first around the eye.
- Last but not definitely not least…sleep my friend, like the prince or princess you are!
Sign up for our Weekly Wellness email here.