Wellness Playlist Series Curated by DJ CASS&RA for August Wellness Activity
This is a new monthly wellness playlist series curated by DJ CASS&RA to accompany an Austin wellness activity of the month.
I am so excited to roll out a new series with the go-to, all-things-Austin blog, 365 Things Austin. We’re bringing you a monthly playlist featuring curated music to go along with a monthly wellness activity. Each playlist will also feature music from local Austin artists!
For August, we’re doing a theme of water because there is nothing better than swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking, or chilling by the water and cooling off from the blazing heat with friends (safely of course).
Click the spotify link to begin listening.
Our top five favorite summer-in-Austin water-based activities:
- Paddle board, kayak, or canoe on Town Lake with Rowing Dock, re-opening August 8th!
- Lay out poolside and casually swim at East Austin Hotel, $30 for three-hour reservations. Other hotel pools we like: the new Commodore Perry Estates, The Carpenter Hotel, The Wayback, Hotel Ella, The Line Hotel, and Austin Motel
- Rent a cabana by the water with your quarantine group at Son’s Island, $30 per person (prices vary depending on rentals).
- Reserve your spot at a local park, hike out to your swimming spot, and enjoy a packed lunch. Check out Inks Lake or Emma Long Lake.
- Grab your quarantine friends or family and rent a boat from Float On, prices start at $400 for three hours.
Let us know your favorite song from the playlist or activity that you did!
This playlist will change out on a monthly basis, so make sure to like it and follow DJ Cassandra on Spotify and Instagram at @djcassandra_. If you have any recommendations on music or Austin wellness activities, please send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org