We can’t imagine a holiday season in Austin without the famous Trail of Lights, and thankfully, we don’t have to! The 56th annual Austin Trail of Lights is returning to Zilker as a drive-thru event and will be extended by two whole weeks.
Locals may remember that the trail used to be a drive-thru thing in the early 1990s, so this is a totally retro concept that will keep us all safe this year. Read this brief history of how this little light display grew into a festival of merriment that is Austin’s longest-running holiday tradition.
Now you can see more than 2 million lights, 70 displays and lighted tunnels, and 90 lighted trees. Click here to purchase your vehicle pass, which range from $25-60 depending on which entry option you choose.
Here are some important notes for this unusual year:
- One vehicle pass is required for vehicles with up to 9 passengers.
- If vehicle capacity exceeds 9 seats and/or is 20′-27′ in length, two vehicle admission passes are required (even if 10 or more people are not present).
- Only passenger vehicles will be admitted and must have a seat and seatbelt for each passenger.
- Enclosed, street-legal vehicles less than 27’ in length are welcome at the event.
- Due to health and safety requirements, no open-air vehicles are allowed.
When: November 28th– January 3rd