Whether you’re a seasoned ACL veteran or a first-timer, making your way through the festival gates can be a little overwhelming. So we’ve compiled our tips, tricks, and highlights to help you get the most out of your experience. Keep reading for what to bring, what not to bring, COVID info, entry and exit points, and more!
What To Bring
- Festival wristband
- ID or drivers license
- Clear bags no larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- Small clutch no larger than 4.5″ x 5.5″ (doesn’t need to be clear)
- Reusable water bottle or hydration pack (needs to be empty upon entry)
- Personal sized hand sanitizer
- Sunscreen smaller than 3.4 oz
- Face coverings
- Hat and sunglasses
- A blanket or towel
What Not To Bring
- Pets (service animals allowed)
- Aerosol sunscreen
- Umbrellas and shade structures
- Carts and wagons
- Outside food and drink
- Professional photo and video gear
There is no local requirement to provide a Negative COVID-19 test result, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record for entry at this event. If you are unvaccinated, the CDC encourages you to bring and wear a mask.
ACL Festival encourages all patrons and staff to look out for each other and not attend the festival if they do not feel well.
Entrance and Exit
Make your way to Zilker Park and there will be an entrance to ACL at the East (near Barton Springs and Lou Neff Road) and West (near Barton Springs and Spyglass) side of Barton Springs Road. You can also exit the festival at both of these points.
Getting There and Getting Home
- Uber & LYFT – While LYFT & Uber are good options, you should definitely plan on longer wait times than usual. ACL partnered up with Uber to provide riders designated pick-up and drop-off points. When riding with Uber just type in “Austin City Limits Music Festival” or “Zilker Park” into your app, and it’ll direct you to the most convenient drop-off point. In order to request a ride to leave, you must first exit the festival and walk away from Zilker Park to get outside of the restricted area. You will be able to request a ride as normal in the app once you’ve crossed the River, South Lamar Blvd, or Frontage Rd.
- Public Transportation – When taking public transportation, your best bet to get to ACL is MetroRapid Route 803.
- Driving To Zilker – Driving yourself is highly discouraged as there is no parking offered at ACL. It’s also important to note that parking in the surrounding neighborhoods is strictly prohibited, and vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
- Walking To Zilker – Take the Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail for a quick walk and easy access to the festival grounds.
Where To Eat Before & During The Fest
We have a complete guide for our top picks for ACL eats. Click here to check out our suggestions for where to eat pre-festival, and the spots you should hit up once you’re inside the gates.