- This event has passed.
The 2020 Bourbon Brawl
Nov 17, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$212.40
Garrison Brothers Distillery, the first legal whiskey distillery in Texas, announced today the virtual adaptation of its statewide cocktail competition,The 2020 Bourbon Brawl. The event was originally supposed to take place in person this May, but was postponed indefinitely due to the pandemic. Until now.
This bartender contest has gone virtual! Now, bourbon-lovers can taste the finest of what Texas mixology has to offer from the comfort of their couches – in their sweatpants! Garrison Brothers has partnered Sourced Craft Cocktails to curate an at home cocktail kit featuring hand-crafted libations from the top mixologists in five major cities across Texas – Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.
- The 2020 Bourbon Brawl finalists from each city collaborated to create one cocktail that represents their city using exclusive ingredients. The Garrison Brothers team and Sourced turned those cocktails into an at-home cocktail kit.
- These cocktail kits are available for purchase and delivery via this link for $212.40/each today through November 12 in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Every kit includes:
- Five pre-batched cocktail mixers (2-3 servings each)
- 750mL bottle of Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon
- Garnishes for 12 cocktails
- Custom ice ball mold
- Deliveries will be made on November 17, 18, and 19, prior to the live virtual finale.
- The live virtual event will take place online Thursday, November 19 from 7:30 PM CST – 9 PM CST.
- Guests who order the 2020 Bourbon Brawl Cocktail Kit have the opportunity to vote for their favorite cocktail during the Finals on November 19. Information on how and when to vote will be included in each cocktail kit.
- Dan Garrison, founder and proprietor of Garrison Brothers Distillery, will crown this year’s Bourbon Brawl champions at the end of the live virtual event.
- The grand prize for the winning city is $12,500 from a 501(c)3 public charity called Good Bourbon for a Good Cause, founded by the Garrison Family and their staff in 2018.