- This event has passed.
9th Annual Gingerbread House Competition
Nov 30, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Calling all gingerbread house builders! Submit your “Lone Star Christmas” themed creations to compete for fabulous prizes from resort stays to prize checks. Or simply join us competition night for delicious desserts, holiday carols and a tree lighting to remember. The awards ceremony will take place at 7:30 p.m. followed by the tree lighting at 7:45 p.m.
Dessert Reception featuring Awards Ceremony & Tree Lighting
Wednesday, November 30
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
The Pavilion at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
THEME: LONE STAR CHRISTMAS
From longhorns, barbecue or bluebonnet fields made of gingerbread, every entry should relate to a Texas theme in some form or fashion.
- Adult Category: $1,000 prize check to winner
- Professional/Corporate Category: $1,000 prize check to winner(s) + $500 donation to Make-A-Wish® Central & South Texas in their company’s name
- Teen Category: $500 prize check to winner
- Youth Category: $250 prize check to winner
- Most Creative: One-night stay at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa and breakfast for two at Hill Country Dining Room
- Best Representation of Theme: One-night stay at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa and breakfast for two at Hill Country Dining Room
- People’s Choice Award: One-night stay at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa and breakfast for two at Hill Country Dining Room
- Social Media People’s Choice Award: Dinner for two at 8212 Wine Bar & Grill (alcohol excluded) OR a round of golf on one of four championship courses (winner announced Monday, December 5)
- Addie Broyles, Austin American-Statesman Food Writer
- Kathrin Brewer, President and CEO of Make-A-Wish of Central & South Texas
- Jordan Steele, Host of “We Are Austin” lifestyle show on KEYE/CBS affiliate
- Chef André Natera, Executive Chef at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Download entry form and submit by November 27. Send to Elizabeth.Tajchman@omnihotels.com.