- This event has passed.
Austin Strong Beer Fest
Mar 31, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm$20
Celebrate the end of Lent and support a great cause with some of the strongest beers around at Austin’s first Strong Beer Fest. In accordance with German tradition, in order to qualify each beer must be over 7.5% ABV.
A $20 donation buys you (10x) 6oz pours of any beers at the festival.
The festival will feature strong beers from:
– Schneider Weisse – Aventinus (8.2% ABV Weizenbock) / Aventinus Eisbock (12% ABV Weizen Eisbock)
– Indy Brewing – brand new Double IPA (8.5% ABV Double IPA) / Brain Bread (8.5% ABV Barrel-aged Biere de Garde)
– Live Oak Brewing – Primus (8% ABV Weizenbock) / Liberator (7.8% ABV Doppelbock Lager)
– (512) Brewing Co. – (512) Cab Tripel (9.5% ABV Cabernet Barrel Aged Belgian Tripel) / (512) Sherry Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (10% ABV)
– Lagunitas – Undercover Shutdown (9.6% ABV Imperial Mild Ale) / Dark Swan (8.5% ABV Dark Sour Ale brewed with red wine grapes)
We’ll also have traditional strength challenges—such as a carnival high striker, keg lifting and stein hoisting—a German oompah band and some AcroYoga performers.
Proceeds will benefit Austin non-profit BONESHAKER PROJECT (http://boneshaker.org/) whose mission is to inspire kids and families to lead healthy, active lifestyles.
Join us for a great time and to support this great cause.