- This event has passed.
Buy a Bowl, Feed 100 People
January 22 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm$25
On January 22nd, we’re celebrating our 2nd Birthday by teaming up with local artists and restaurants to raise money for the Hays County Food Bank.
Here’s how it works:
1. Donate $25 by PRE-ORDERING HERE or at the door – proceeds go to the Hays County Food Bank
2. Select one of 250, unique, handmade, ceramic bowls from the gallery. The bowls have been generously donated by:
Stephen McCrorie, Emily Hohertz, Dee & Terry Buck, Tim Kilkeary, Cecy Holcomb, Diana Seidel, Nick Fletcher, Laura Sturtz, Students of Texas School for the Deaf, and more!
3. Choose a delicious gourmet soup to-go made by local restaurants: TBA
4. Take your soup home or enjoy it outside on our patio.
5. Every time you use your bowl, remember that every $1 donated to the Hays County Food Bank feeds 4 people! Your participation in our 2nd Anniversary Celebration has resulted in 100 meals for the hungry.
6. Would you like to donate without attending the event? You can do that HERE!
“Hays County Food Bank provides food at no cost to low-income households and those suffering from some sort of food emergency due to job loss, medical emergencies, disasters, etc. There are no geographical boundaries to service.”
-1 in 7 (25,740) Hays County residents are food insecure (Feeding America).
-1 in 5 (8,740) Hays County children are food insecure (Feeding America).
-40% of households in need in Hays County do not qualify for federally supported programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) (Feeding America).
-Only 59% of the Hays County population who qualify for food aid from SNAP are actually receiving it (Feeding Texas).
-The percentage of economically disadvantaged students in Hays County school districts are even more harrowing (Texas Education Agency):51% of students qualify in San Marcos CISD 51% of students qualify in Hays CISD 25.5% of students qualify in Wimberley ISD 5.5% of students qualify in Dripping Springs ISD.
Thank you for your generosity and caring! It’s the best birthday present we could ask for!
Sinéad, Susan, and the Inspired Minds Art Center Family