- This event has passed.
Fat Tuesday in Austin: Austin’s First Second Line Bar Crawl + Gumbo Cook-Off
Feb 13, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$5
Brass Band Crawl
- The Tin Pan Tigers will be leading crawlers around the block Nawlins’ second line style.
- The trumpeting, sax-ing, drumming, strumming, sousaphone-ing glory starts at Little Woodrow’s, then brass bands to Star Bar, Parlor & Yard, Dirty Bill’s, The Dogwood, J. BLACKS, Kung Fu Saloon and Green Light Social.
- Each stop will have a featured local brew from local favorites like Celis, Austin Beerworks and Austin Eastsiders
- Each stop will also feature a special cocktail (think hurricanes, sazeracs, planter’s punch and more).
- Free Early Bird gumbo tickets are sold out, but $5 tickets are available.
- Confirmed gumbo locations are Kung Fu Saloon, Parlor & Yard, J. Black’s and Star Bar.
- Bonus: Dirty Bills will have Frank & Angie’s Pizza.
- King Cakes will be scattered around the block (naturally).
- Because drinking and driving is both illegal and for losers, West 6th has partnered with Lyft, who is offering a 30 percent ride discount on West 6th Fat Tuesday routes FOR EXISTING USERS.
- Code W6FATTUESDAY