- This event has passed.
Lady Bird Lake Summer Cleanup
Jun 10, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 pmFree – $25
Join 365 Things Austin at Rowing Dock on Sunday (June 10th) for a morning cleanup by land and sea (lake). All are welcome to this FREE event, but we kindly ask for donations if you’re planning on bringing your own watercraft or just want to help from the shore!
Paddle Boards, kayaks, and canoes are all available for rental, with 100% of profits benefitting Colorado River Alliance and Keep Austin Beautiful.
Check-in will begin at 7:45 and remain open until 8:45, with all participants returning to Rowing Dock by 10am for trash dropoff and removal. Join us in preserving the beauty of this Austin landmark we all share and love!
Profits from this event will be donated to the following beneficiaries that are focused on keeping our rivers and our city clean and beautiful!
Colorado River Alliance At the Colorado River Alliance, we believe that a healthy, flowing river is imperative to the long-term well-being of our communities and our state. Our mission is to champion the long-term vitality of the Texas Colorado River through education and engagement.
We dedicate resources, time, and energy to educating Texans about how the Texas Colorado River supports us and how, in turn, we can ensure its long-term vitality. Founded in 1994 and based in Austin, Texas, the Alliance has been promoting responsible stewardship of the Texas Colorado River for over 20 years, and we continue that stewardship by increasing citizen knowledge of the river’s economic and environmental importance. Along with serving as a champion for the river and for the communities and businesses that depend on it, it is the Alliance’s goal to educate today’s youth to become tomorrow’s leaders, ensuring a lasting legacy of a healthy river, sustainable use of water resources, and communities dedicated to protection and conservation.
The Alliance was initially created with support from LCRA, and it separated from LCRA in 1999. Today, the Colorado River Alliance is an independent nonprofit that fosters and brings together active voices for a healthy, flowing river. With programs that touch 14,000 community members and schoolchildren annually, the Colorado River Alliance strives to be a champion for the people, ecosystems, communities, and businesses that depend on this precious natural resource.
We provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities.
For Austin to be the cleanest, most beautiful community.
Areas of Focus
- Clean – removing litter from neighborhoods, creeks, and public spaces in collaboration with the community while raising awareness about the impact of litter.
- Beautify – building vibrant sustainable communities by empowering neighbors to beautify and restore public spaces.
- Recycle – cultivating waste reduction practices within the citizenry in order to divert waste from landfills and transition to a zero waste culture.
- Educate – leading presentations, service-learning projects, and awareness campaigns to nurture environmental consciousness.
- Recognize – honoring the most outstanding environmental efforts of individuals, schools, and organizations.