- This event has passed.
Omni Annual Gingerbread House Competition
Dec 2, 2014 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Who: Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is getting the word out early so people
What: Have plenty of time to bake their ideas and cook up their entries for the luxury Hill Country resort’s Seventh Annual Gingerbread House Competition! This year’s competition theme is “Austin: Live Music Capital of the World.” From popular performers, music venues or guitars made of gingerbread, every entry should relate to music in some form or fashion
– Adult Category: $1,000
– Professional/Corporate Category: $1,000 plus $1,000 donation to Make-A- Wish of Central/South Texas in their company’s name
– Teen Category: $500
– Youth Category: $250
– Social Media People’s Choice Award: Dinner for two at 8212 Wine Bar & Grill OR a round of golf on one of the resort’s four championship courses
– Steven Stellingwerf, Author of The Gingerbread Book
– Kathrin Brewer, Make-A-Wish of Central & South Texas, Executive Director
– Susie Ellwood, Austin American-Statesman Publisher
– Allison Mack, Owner & Co-founder of Austin Moms Blog
Those interested in participating may review the rules and procedures document and download the entry form and submit online atwww.omnihotels.com/bartoncreek/gingerbreadcompetition.
When: Entry forms must be completed and submitted by Sunday, Nov. 30 and gingerbread houses must be dropped off at the Wildflower Atrium at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa between noon and 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 2.
Awards Ceremony/Dessert Reception/Holiday Tree Lighting
Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014
7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Where: Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
8212 Barton Club Drive
Austin, Texas 78735
Other:Steven Stellingwerf, Author of The Gingerbread, book will conduct a complimentary “How to Make a Gingerbread House” class in Live Oak BC at the resort on Monday, Dec. 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Those who attend the class may submit their gingerbread creations to this year’s competition. Please call Julia Teague at 512-329-4665 to reserve your spot in the class.