A Texas summer just isn’t complete without floating the river. And if you’re going to embark on this age-old journey of aquatic debauchery, you might as well do it right! This year, we’ve partnered with Austin Tour Company to offer public floats with added features that make it a floating party unlike any other.
We’re offering the ultimate floating experience—we provide transportation along with your tube, ice chests/coolers, and more! You can meet new friends and live it up on the river without worrying about getting home safe. We’ll pick you up at Cork & Brew (South Congress Location) where you can load up on beverages, snacks, ice, and more!
Duration: 6 hours (roughly)
Here’s what you can expect:
The best season of the year is here and that’s FLOATING SEASON! Public Floats will always run Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We will be offering Public Floats seven days a week May 4th – September based on availability. For last minute Monday – Thursday floats please call 512-567-0122 to confirm whether or not a Public Float will be running.
Your ticket includes:
– Round trip transportation from downtown Austin to and from the San Marcos River to float with our partners at Texas State Tubes.
– One tube for you and one for your group to put your cooler in.
– We provide the coolers complimentary for your convenience on the bus.
– In order to protect the San Marcos River, styrofoam and glass are not allowed.
– Check In for Floats is at Cork & Brew on South Congress from 10:30-10:55 AM.
– The bus departs at 11:00 AM sharp – Please don’t be late or you’ll have to find your own ride to the river!
-Floats normally last 3.5-4 hours, depending on the speed of the river which is altered by the amount of rain we have in the area annually.
– Will will return to downtown Austin at approximately 5PM – 5:30PM
– The bus and float are BYOB.
Need to know:
– New regulations are being enforced by the city of San Marcos on the river – stopping for long periods of time not will be allowed on the float during prime season dates, July-August.
– Please grab a reusable trash bag from Texas State tubes before hopping on the river to collect your trash for the duration of the float. If you do not grab a trash bag, put empty cans back in your cooler. Please do not throw your trash in the river.
– The bus will leave from Texas State Tubes no later than 4:00PM. You are responsible for arriving by this time in order get a ride with ATC back to Austin. The bus cannot wait longer than this time. If you are later than this time, your valuables will be left on site and you will be responsible for getting your ride back to Austin. There is plenty of time to float and arrive back before this time – just be mindful!
– Full trip details and information will be sent out VIA EMAIL the week of your float. Please check your email for those trip details as they are subject to change.