For more tips on planning a Honeymoon, tune into our Podcast.
Honeymoon Planning Guide for Austinite’s
You can really go as big or small as you want depending on your budget, and schedule with time off of work. Some couples like the idea of something close to town, or something that could be considered a “mini moon” if you’re having a larger honeymoon a ways out. A lot of couples I know recently have done smaller mini moons right after the big day, and then plan a longer, larger honeymoon trip spanning over a 2-3 week time period in late December. That’s a great idea for someone who wants to utilize their vacation time at work over the course of December and January (if your job aligns with that PTO schedule).
Pro Tip: Get a credit card that you can put all of the wedding costs on (and pay off of course), so that you can get points to use toward a honeymoon. We love the Southwest Credit Card since that airline tends to have more nonstop flights out of the Austin Airport. Use this link to get an extra 40,000 points when you sign up!
Mini Moon Ideas:
Fredericksburg – Check out our Central Texas Wine Guide!
The Inn at Dos Brisas – This place is so cool. They have wine tastings, cooking classes, horseback riding, all the athletic activities you could ask for, and a full spa. This is the ultimate couples weekend getaway.
Any Hill Country location – Driftwood is close and a great option, too!
Cabin on the Frio River – Check out River Bluff Cabins!
Horseshoe Bay – Check out our post on this resort!
Larger Honeymoon Ideas:
Locations: Italy, Spain, France, London, Greece
- Favorites: Barcelona, French Riviera (Nice – go to the top of Eze, Cannes), Santorini and Athens, Lake Como, Amalfi Coast (Positano), Florence & Montalcino, Tuscany
*Two Weeks is a good starting point for a European trip. Try to spend a minimum of 3-4 days in each city to minimize the amount of travel time between locations, and to ensure you have enough time to truly experience everything the destination has to offer.
Locations: Thailand, Bali, The Maldives, Vietnam, Singapore
- Favorites: Hanoi (explore the Old Quarter, get the egg coffee from Cafe Giang and Pho from Pho Gia Truyen), Krabi for beaches instead of Phuket
*With both Europe and Asia, it is very easy to get trains or buses on the same day as well as cheap flights around the country. Try not to make too many set in stone plans and play it by ear!
Caribbean & Mexico
Locations: BVI’s, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Cabo, Cancun
- Favorites: Baha Mar Resort in Bahamas, Flora Farms (get a tour) in Cabo!
Locations: Cape Town, Kambaku Safari Lodge, Mozambique, Knysna Island
- Favorites: The best of both worlds – African safari for a few days, and finish off by the beautiful beaches of South Africa. Table Mountain National Park in Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope (Southern End Point of South Africa), stay at Leeu Estates; Vilankulos, Mozambique for beach side relaxation.
North America Colder Locations
Locations: Jackson Hole, Whisler, Lake Louise (Alberta, Canada), Aspen
- Favorites: Fireside Cottages in Jackson Hole; if budget isn’t an issue, stay at the Fairmont Lake Louise in Alberta!
Pro Tip: Use a travel agent. A lot of times can get you discounts on certain rooms and they really make the whole vacation special. Try Chelsea Martin with Passport to Friday—we have heard great things. She also has a lot of guides on her blog, as well as tons of inspo on her Instagram. Planning fees start at $250 for 10 days, with full hotel bookings and full itinerary. Noken, a new travel planning app charges $5/day per traveler and has a full itinerary ready for you all in one place. Also there is a free service we have heard great things about – Vaquera Travel.
To see your business listed here, please contact email@example.com.